Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

April 20, 2015
By MeganRut SILVER, Hartford, Wisconsin
MeganRut SILVER, Hartford, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The town of oconomowoc holds a lake that makes all seasons in Wisconsin fun. Lac la belle from my experiences, is worth treasuring.
In the summertime, kayaking is one of the pastimes I enjoy. I love the glittering drops splashing with each light breeze and taking friends paddling to see the original houses and unique lawns ornaments. Simply sitting on the dock in the toasty sun and gazing out on kids bouncing on tubes, screaming with delight is fun. A common activity is jet skiing, it has the most exhilarating feeling, like flying. The friendly atmosphere on the lake has neighbors cruising, sharing a drink and laughing together.
There is a public beach with a stage for bands and a place to enjoy a picnic. Nearby is an ocean-like boardwalk, wooden and aged so you can hear the slap of flip-flops and see little kids fish over the railings. This boardwalk leads to restaurants, ice cream shops and little stores.
In the fall and spring months many people go to the park, some for walking dogs, eating lunch and feeding ducks.
When Wisconsin freezes over, the lake still holds value for fishers and those who are bundled up. The sounds of kids running, sliding and giggling on the ice echo and choirs full of snow angels can be found.
Lac la belle has made many good memories for me and I will treasure them in my life.