Stone Bank 4th of July Parade | Teen Ink

Stone Bank 4th of July Parade

April 20, 2015
By Anonymous

Stone Bank doesn’t have much to offer the people who live there nor are we known for anything. But when the 4th of July comes around, people from all over come to see one thing: the 4th of July Parade.
People reserve their spots on the side of the road up to a week before the parade even starts. The parade starts at 11 am and goes to about noon. Immediately after there is a huge celebration at the Fireman’s park with entertainment, food and games.  My family and I only watched when I was younger, but it became so much more when my brother and dad joined the Stone Bank Fire Department.
Last year, I actually watched the parade, and was not in it, was a memory I will never forget. I remember standing on the side of the road, and being one of the last people to see them go past. There was a small pickup truck that had the bed filled with water and they were using buckets to scoop up the water and toss it at people on the side. Everyone in the bed of the truck filled up their buckets and threw the water. Water was dripping from us for the at least five minutes. It made the people watching feel like they’re part of the parade. 
The Stone Bank Parade brings people from all over, to my small town. It is tradition that is strong, fun, and enjoyable.