Waukesha County Treasure | Teen Ink

Waukesha County Treasure

By kayla813 GOLD, North Lake, Wisconsin
kayla813 GOLD, North Lake, Wisconsin

North Lake is a quaint, yet valued town which I believe is a treasure of Waukesha County. Growing up in North Lake, I value the North Lake Inn, the river that drains into the lake, and the size of the town itself.

The North Lake Inn has always been my personal favorite place to eat in North Lake. At this restaurant, I have met regulars and have grown close to those who share and value the same town as I do. The North Lake Inn is great for the relationship between the workers and the customers. My memories flourish on that property from running around the bar at a young age to receiving my first job and proudly becoming a part of the North Lake Inn family.

Behind the post office runs a river that spills into North Lake. The town hosted an annual duck race in the river where brightly colored ducks were sent down stream rushing to reach the bridge. People of all ages would come to watch and cheer on their ducks as they floated down the narrow river.

Most importantly, North Lake is treasure because of it’s size. Those who live in the town have grown close to each other, all familiar with the families that make up the beautiful town. The comfort and family provided in North Lake is valued and makes the quaint town a treasure of Waukesha County.