Culture | Teen Ink

Culture

Many people have different cultures, we don't all have to be the same. We all judge people at some point based on what they wear or what skin color they are. When you think of a Hispanic what comes to mind? People might think a hispanic is someone that doesn’t care about their environment. When people think of a Hispanic based on looks they think someone with dark hair, dark skin and many other things. People never notice how different everyone is, a Hispanic could have bright green eyes and be a straight A student. Just because someone doesn’t look like you or speak the same language as you doesn’t mean you can treat them in a bad manner.

The hispanic culture is very important and interesting. Some Hispanic cultures are traditions, beliefs, history, and family values. Some of the cultures aren’t so different, like Christmas is the same in many different places. Christmas is the day when Mother Mary gave birth to Jesus. Another celebration that many different places celebrate is New Years Eve. In Mexico’s largest cities they celebrate with 12 grapes,bells,hugs, and a family dinner. Hispanics believe that when its midnight on new years eve,you can write a wish on the ribbon with the bell and ring it so your new years wish comes true.

Some of the People In Mexico celebrate Día de los Reyes Magos instead if Christmas. Día de los Reyes Magos or Three kings day Is celebrated because It reminds people how the wise men brought their gifts of gold.Most of the time kids don’t appreciate the big gifts they get.The three kings give small presents to help enjoy what you have gotten and be grateful. Another way that the Three kings day is using  a piñata with candy and toys for the kids.