Treasures of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasures of Waukesha County

January 16, 2015
By Tucker16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Tucker16 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Waukesha is known for its lakes.  After all, Wisconsin is a Great Lakes state.  Pewaukee lake has left memories of family times, and friendships I have made over the years.


From first fish to friendly competitions, the lake has an abundance of game fish.  Pewaukee holds whatever you’re fishing for.  There are record muskie, heavyweight bass, and walleye.  Among the gamefish, swim a childs fun.  As soon as the worm hits the water, there is a swarm of panfish.  Children sit on the dock pulling bluegill out of the water.  Fishing by day, and floating on a pontoon at night, the fun doesn’t end when the sun goes down.
  When the fish aren’t biting, or I’ve caught my fill,  I walk to one of the family owned businesses.  Right around the lake, there are ice cream shops, bait shops, and restaurants.  With friends, or out with family, I go into the town for a fun-filled day.


On holidays, like the Fourth of July, the town shoots off a colorful fireworks display.  They run special events on and around the lake year-round.  From one side of the lake, I see the Pewaukee fireworks, then watch the Oconomowoc and Waukesha fireworks from a distance.


Whether it’s summer, spring, fall, or winter, the lake is swimming with things to do.  Pewaukee lake is one of the most beautiful places in Waukesha, and I’ve had many memories there and I look forward to more to come.