Treasure of Waukesha County | Teen Ink

Treasure of Waukesha County

By benb.2016 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
benb.2016 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

Summertime in Southern Wisconsin is a magnificent time of year filled with beaches, lakes, and other activities to keep anybody entertained. There are festivals that are a big part of summer fun.

One of these get-togethers is the Stone Bank, Fourth of July Parade. One of the best parades in Waukesha County, the Stone Bank parade offers food, games, and people to socialize with. It is always crowded, and there are chairs lining the street with children ready to run and grab the candy that is thrown. It is a true family event that everyone loves and enjoys.

Another great event happens that same night in a different town, Hartland. The Hartland fireworks are yet another wonderful reason to get out and do something during the summer. They are always bright and loud, with kids running wild with their sparklers trying to draw some crazy designs in the air.

Another summer activity offered is the Hartland street dance. Similarly to the fireworks, kids are all together by their friends and running around town having fun. There’s always a band playing and there is food and drinks available to everyone. Some years there is a rock climbing wall for people to use, but games and other carnival-like things are all available here whenever the Street Dance takes place.

That is why the activities offered throughout the summer are a treasure of Waukesha County. These are something that should be held on to and kept going throughout the generations.