The Milkshake of Your Lifetime | Teen Ink

The Milkshake of Your Lifetime

By austin conway SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
austin conway SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

During the 1960’s there weren’t many activities available for teens. However, there was always one fun place in Oconomowoc where you could see many teens having fun.  This place was and still is called the Kilte.  At this classic drive-in many years ago, you would have found car hops dressed like scottish men in scottish plaid skirts. Today you will find it the same way.  At the Kilte you will not find a flavor of the day or an online website. It is a timeless place that will have your parents going back in time to the 1960’s.

At this restaurant you will find workers having a good time on the job.  If business is slow you may find them in a water gun fight or tossing a football in the parking lot.

As for as their custard, it is homemade and it comes in three different types chocolate, vanilla, or twist a combo of the two mixed together.  Custard is not the only treat that you will find here. You will discover the old vintage cars that people drive to show off at the Kilte. You will find a variety of people here from people coming from a wedding to a place to hang out after a football game.

One needs to experience the Kilte at least once in their life and take a step back to the 1960’s.  The Kilty may not be considered a historic place, but one thing for sure, it’s a true treasure.