My trip to florida | Teen Ink

My trip to florida

I’m writing this essay to explain the positives and negatives of my trip to Florida. It all dates back to 2010, when I was about 10. We had to save up all year but it was worth it. My sister and I also saved up our own money; we each had about $50.00. At around midnight we all left for Florida, it was long and boring because we all took a car instead of a plain. It was about a seven hour drive. My sister and I went to sleep so the time past fairly quickly.

When we got there things already started to turn out bad. The house we had booked was dirty so we had to call the house keeper. I was about to go swimming, but since we were in Florida we suffered a terrible tropical storm. Luckily it only lasted a few hours. Of course since it was raining we couldn’t go outside so we all played some board games, and watched a movie.

I hope we come back every year because I had the best time. My mom and dad made breakfast the next morning. My sister and I went out to the pool, and out of no wear, my dad pushes me in the pool. The bad thing was I was fully clothed in my pajamas from the previous night. Good thing I didn’t have a phone then. It was funny and annoying at the same time. I was laughing so hard and I was so wet.

The next day we went to sea world. It was so hot outside, and crowded. We first went to a couple of stores. I saw the cutest stuffed seal ever, it was small and white. Everything in there was super expensive though. We had taken some pictures in a nearby photo booth, we kept making silly faces. Before we came to Florida I told my parents I would ride the scariest roller coaster there. It was called the manure. It goes 50 to 100ft in the air, and goes upside down. Of course when we got there I said “No I’m not riding that”, and of course they all said “I told you so”.

After that we went to a place called downtown Disney. I had never heard of this place before, but it was so fun. They had a Disney magic shop, and a huge souvenir store. It had license plates with people’s names on them, and magnets with the same thing. I hoped the day would never end, but of course all good things must come to an end. That was ok though because after wards we came home, and ordered pizza. That was when the scariest stuff started to happen. There was a spider, except this spider was poison. My dad had stepped on it to killed it, but we realized it was a female. As soon as my dad stepped on it like 100 baby spiders started running towards us. All of us were running and screaming. Including me. Then we were all on the couch when we heard something outside. Of course my parents went to investigate. It turns out it was a puma. Of course we were in Florida so these animals were quite common. Also alligators, Snakes, and spiders.  That’s why we were never aloud outside, during the day or the night. There were even fences around the pool. My dad had put a plastic alligator outside by the pool, and my mom freaked. It was so funny.

The last thing we were going to do was go to Disney world. When we got there it was raining, so we all went inside this store, it had hand drawn Disney cartoons, such as the little mermaid, and Mulan.  Eventually it stopped raining; we all waited in line for this buzlightyear ride. We had waited for an hour and a half.  The ride was cool in all, but I don’t think it was worth the wait. My sister had thought so though.

The whole entire vacation was fun. It had its ups and downs, but in all it was the best vacation I had been on all year. We all loaded up the car and went on our way home. The ride took 7 hours, but it felt like 4 or 5 hours. When we got home I went to my room and unpacked everything. I kept saying to myself, I still wanted to be there. I hope we go back soon.         

its my own peronal expierience