A Trip to Florida | Teen Ink

A Trip to Florida

November 18, 2014
By LardOssimsauce SILVER, Minnesota City, Minnesota
LardOssimsauce SILVER, Minnesota City, Minnesota
7 articles 1 photo 0 comments

The best trip I’ve ever had, was when I was seven. The trip to was to Universal Studios on my seventh birthday. The trip there, though most of it was night time, was awesome. I got to see lots of new sights and do many new things like swim in an ocean. It was just a flat out awesome trip. Our trip started in my home, Minnesota, the next stop was Iowa, then Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, and then finally Florida.


Iowa was quick to drive through, I did not manage to see much during that time. When we reached Illinois it was really interesting, and we got to visit some very historical sites, like General Grant’s own house. Illinois was a really cool state and we just recently got to visit it again a couple months ago, which was still as cool as it was eleven years ago. Kentucky was also quick, due the fact that we drove through the smallest part. Tennessee was very fun, the hills and turns made for a very thrilling ride through the whole state. Alabama was interesting also, the sights reminded me of life back then, some old houses from the Civil War era were erect and maintained in this one town, which gave it an old town feeling everywhere you went.


Then there was finally Florida. A place where the sun shines brighter than anything! To take a Minnesotan and put him in a hot place like Florida took a while to get used to, but once you do, it’s awesome!


The first thing we did was to find a hotel, but not before some night driving and accidentally running over a snake which I believe was totally an Anaconda or Boa cause people just let them loose out there. Once we got our hotel me and my friend Tyler tried to play a game while we're waiting to figure out what out what to order to eat. We would pretend to shoot at Pokemon with water bottles to, in a sense, capture them. Once we got pizza, we ate and then went to bed. The next day we decided to visit the beaches before Universal.


Huge expanses of blue and white stretched out before me as I would gaze out upon the sea. One thing that really got me confused was, where were the surfers? There was only one wakeboarder, at least, but all in all the whole scenery was magnificent. What I found the funniest part, was that the whole setting seemed like it from the movie Jaws, which would explain the lack of surfers!


Once I was in the water, a small wave smacked my face, the salt in the water tasted horrible! Wave after wave of the most saltiest water that was ever spawned ripped into my mouth. I felt a lot better once I was out and I continue to watch the sea. Also I knew that after the beach, Universal, was quick to come after.


Universal Studios… to me, a small seven year old boy, was the biggest and greatest thing I had ever seen! I was continuously in awe at all of the awesome rides and all of movies that I had previously watched. Our first ride was based off of the movie Twister. A giant scene was displayed in front of me and after a few minutes all hell would break lose! A virtual tornado would rip right in front me! It was great and it would’ve been even better if I was just a little bit taller to see everything…


The greatest thing, the ultimate cherry on the top, was soon after we had with all of the other rides. Two giant doors, torches on both sides, and a giant sign that read, ‘Jurassic Park’, stood before me. I almost dropped to my knees at the sheer sight of this marvel! Once we entered, it was being in my own personal heaven!

Dinosaurs, movie props, even the gigantic visitor center was included! We took tours of an actual Jurassic Park, and I loved every moment of it!


Eventually, the adventure had to end… We loaded up the car, went back to the hotel, picked, had a nap, picked up our stuff, and we were gone. Nothing could compare to the sheer enjoyment that I had experienced while I was in Florida and when I had my stay at Universal Studios. If ever I get the chance to do that again, I would jump on it full heartedly, but for now, I will have to wait.


The author's comments:

I may seem like I am over exaggerating on how awesome this trip was but, honestly, it was the coolest thing ever. I was HUGE Jurassic Park fan since I was very little. So I can truly say that walking through the, "Jurassic Park Gate", was the best thing ever. I hope you enjoy reading and maybe, just maybe, it might even stir up an awesome childhood memory for you also!