Cruises | Teen Ink

Cruises

By kellBellz SILVER, Winona, Minnesota
kellBellz SILVER, Winona, Minnesota

"The only person you hold try and be better than is the person you were yesterday"

Some people would say that my dad spoils me, I don’t think it’s all that true. Although, he did take me on a cruise to Alaska! Brr, right?!? Well, it wasn’t too bad. More comfy capris and sweatshirt weather. Sometimes a sweatshirt was too much. We visited a lot of places and did many things!
My dad, twin brother, sister, her fiance, and I  went to Alaska. Boarding a plane for my first time ever, and riding the air lines was something extraordinary, I thought! I took this chance and made the best of the trip! I actually had a blast with my family for once. We took off to the airport and had a direct flight to Washington, from there, we stayed for a couple days.We had an awesome time there. My family and I walked through the town and went to some fancy restaurants. YUMM! Time ticked away as we were having fun. We then took a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise line and went through security and loaded the ship. Within a couple of hours, I used my cell phone as much as I could and told people about my excitement!
While we were on the cruise, I was gone over my little brothers birthday, and he was upset he couldn’t see me. I  felt more than upset about it. When my feet were on Alaskan ground, I used my dad’s cell phone to call him and tell him Happy Birthday!
We were tourists visiting new places and to finally be able to venture through states far away from home, it felt so awesome! To continue my adventure, we visited several places and towns, like: Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau, then to Canada as well. We got to see many different things in each of these places. In the Alaska grounds, we saw many things from garden tours to the look out of the whole town. In Canada it was more of a night walk through, it was our last stop and we were all so tired and exhausted that we didn’t stay very long, just enough time to take a glimpse and see some special places to remember and some shops to buy souvenirs.
Over all, I think the Alaskan cruise was awesome. We saw and made some really cool stuff and I had many lifelong experiences. The following year my family and I took a cruise to the Caribbean and that was a lot of fun. We went to Mexico, Cozumel, Cayman Island and Mahogany Bay. It was so worth the blistering sunburn I got and the nasty motion medicine I took every morning. I actually liked the South better than the North.