Indescribable | Teen Ink

Indescribable

Ibn Battuta once said, “Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” In the seventeen short years of my life, I have found that this quote could not be any truer. I have been blessed with many opportunities to see so many places and experience multiple cultures all over the world. There is not a single place that I have been that I regret traveling to.
   This past summer I had the amazing opportunity to cruise along the Mediterranean Sea onboard the Nieuw Amsterdam Ship. We were blessed to be able to experience the cultures of seven different countries in a mere fourteen days. Some of the Ports of Call included Croatia, Italy, Greece, France, and Spain. The one thing that never ceased to amaze me was how unique each place was. From the castles in Dubrovnik, Croatia, to the ruins of Pompeii, there were so many sights to take in. On our trip, I learned that the small town that I live in, which seems like the majority of the world to me, is only a speck in the earth that we live in. Traveling has given me a new perspective on a lot of aspects of my life.
   Another amazing thing about traveling is that I am reminded of great my God is. When I look at all that He has made, I am filled with wonder. I am so thankful that I was able to get a glimpses of how big my God is through His incredible creation. When I was looking out from the turret of a castle and Croatia, some of the only words that I could come up with were “wow! Isn’t this incredible.” At the time I was speechless, but now I have so many memories and stories that I like to share.  So like Ibn Battuta said,” Traveling- it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”