Review of Dillon, Montana | Teen Ink

Review of Dillon, Montana

By tread BRONZE, Cashmere, Washington
tread BRONZE, Cashmere, Washington

Hunting and the outdoors, good people, and a small well knit together. Just that single sentence explains the great town of Dillon Montana. I picked Dillon because everything about it is peaceful and just an outdoorsman’s dream. The town is my favorite place to be because of the people, great restaurants and amazing hunting.

Dillon has phenomenal hunting especially for mule deer. Hunting is right in the middle of the rut. And the best thing is that the season is around a month long and you get to use a rifle. I’ve been successful the two years I’ve gone along with the rest of my hunting party. My dad also shot the biggest buck in his life that scored around two hundred to two-twenty. Dillon also offers antelope and elk as well. We see several antelope every day. The deer have many cows to graze with cause Dillon is Montana’s largest producer of hay and beef.

The restaurants are amazing, especially to me the Lions Den. It serves wonderful steaks, pastas and burgers. But the one thing that sticks out the most is every Wednesday is a special on hot wings. Its two cents per wing and they are the best! All the college kids from the University of Western Montana come and chow down. The restaurant is built up of great and generous waitresses too.

Every body is super nice. For example we were at the Lions Den and the waitress heard my dad say he loves carrot cake, so the next day she brought in a homemade one and gave it to him for free. Another thing is at our hotel, we got up every morning to go hunting around four in the morning, but continental breakfast started at six, but one of the guys got it ready for us every morning at four.

Dillon has a ton of things to do while you are there. But I only recommend going there if you like small towns, and hunting. This magnificent town was named after Sidney V. Dillon the president of the Union Pacific Railroad. And one more thing that might get you to want to go there is that it is home of the biggest weekend, Labor Day, rodeo and concert.