Singapore | Teen Ink

Singapore

April 26, 2014
By vagzz SILVER, Greater Noida, Other
vagzz SILVER, Greater Noida, Other
8 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" It doen't matter who you are or where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always."
- Oprah Winfrey


Visiting Singapore had never been in my wish- list, until April 1st 2013, when things changed forever!

I knew it was a clean and beautiful city and was home to many jaw-dropping architectural edifices, but still, I never wanted it to be among the first few places I may visit on an International Basis. The reason – I still can’t figure out why – probably because I had presumed it myself that it being a small city, couldn’t offer me the thrills I might wanted to have.

But on April 1st, when I landed into that city of varied charm, the gigantic myth balloons(as for me), buster forever and I, one-by-one, took off the masks of a ‘small,-so-not-so-diverse’ and ‘a-not-so-eventful-place’, discovering a new and a better shade of the city, every time I had a closer glimpse of it.

Singapore won over me, giving my prejudiced unlikeness for the place, a jolt. From the very moment I was out of the airport, I wore a huge smile on my face, which certainly shook off all the grievances that I carried within before stepping onto this “Magic Land”. And every other thing that I did there was all bonus which have added up in magnificent quantity, that now, I do not fail in congratulating the Singaporeans every time I talk to anyone about the trip! There seems to be a vague connection developed between me and Singapore that is hard to break, now!

Although a five day tour, it gave me thousands of reasons why I should love the place, because I simply loved the way the city was composed – with the right proportion of everything. Talk about the people, the beauty, the use of technology, the administration and what not, it scored full marks under each respect, becoming a very apt contradiction to the fact about the utopian views that the people have generated (that they can’t exist in reality).

When we were planning the trip, we thought that we could cover everything as we had 5 complete days, but again, we were flawed, as Singapore, although a small city of 42 by 44 kms, is stuffed with flavors once can’t even imagine of savoring in the same plate.

Those 5 days had been the most and ‘The Most’ eventful days I had in continuity. Each event that we indulged in, was like entering into a different niche in that ‘now-gigantic-looking-place’, unleashing the millions of butterflies in contained in that small part of it and was flattered at the fluttering mix of colors that it contained. Now, whenever I flip through the pictures I clicked, I always feel those colorful butterflies around me and can only wish to have frozen each moment and to have captured it from all possible angles and get amazed by the amazing moments and sights that I missed out probably because the laws of physics don’t allow me to!

Lesson Leant: Don’t judge a place by the prejudices you have made it wear!

It is a big cake for me with thousands of ingredients mingled in the best way possible, which although, I have taken a slice of, haven’t been able to identify it all. I want to dig a deeper slice of it and relish it patiently, identifying each flavor and savor its essence, but I know, it still won’t be enough to pacify my hunger!!!