My Trip to New York | Teen Ink

My Trip to New York

By DestinyTorres BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
DestinyTorres BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana

This is the time I went to New York. It all started when we were going to go on the train. I was a little nervous because we always took the airplane, but we were going to try something new. We were on the train for like two days. it was little cramped up and uncomfortable to me because I was in the front, but I still had fun. We arrived at the train station and saw my grandfather for the first time. this was the only reason why we went. We took a cab to the hotel. The rooms were amazing.

The next day we woke up and met my grandfather again later after breakfast. He took us everywhere. We went to the stores and to museums. We also went to a Dominican and Puerto Rican restaurant which was my grandpa's favorite. Now it was mine.I enjoyed it all. I had made memories with my grandpa. Our luggage got lost so we had to go and buy new clothes. We did a lot of walking but not too much because my grandpa's leg was bad.

The next day, we went to an aquarium. We saw so many animals and took so many pictures. Later on that night we went to time square and it was so colorful and bright. This was the last day in The big city. We stayed until two in the morning. We took a cab to the hotel and started packing. We went to the train station at one o' clock in the afternoon. My grandpa met us there by a surprise and said goodbye. This was the time I went to New York to see my grandpa.