Italy | Teen Ink

Italy

March 26, 2014
By gscopone BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
gscopone BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One exciting experience I had traveling was going to Italy. The capital of Italy is a very extraordinary place to visit. The population of Rome is well over two-million. Rome is a beautiful city that has moderate climate. The temperate usually stays around eighty degrees. If you go to Italy you have to go for a couple weeks you have to explore everything. Italy has all these side walk cafés that are really popular places to go to. In Italy the foods they have that are really good are the pizza it's not like jets pizza, in Italy it's really crispy and thin, also lasagna which is really delicious, it is filled with a lot of stuff. They also have Nutella pizza which is unbelievably delicious, you can also put whipped cream on it. The tourist sites that my family and I visited were the Vatican where the pope lives. The Roman Colosseum is an arena where gladiators fight. Saint Peters Basilica is where you can go and attend mass. All the fountains and art work they have are all so pretty. Capri is an island where you can see all the different places. Venice you can ride the Gondola. We also went to go see the vineyards were they have grapes to make wine, it has a beautiful scenery from up in the mountains. My cousins went to Italy a couple years ago and they went to go watch Italy play soccer. People told them it's best to come to Italy at the time they did because you can watch them play soccer. My mom showed us where her parents were from in Italy, my grandpa was from Lazio, and my grandma was from Puglia. My dad showed us where my grandpa was from in Italy, Abruzzi. To travel to see different areas of Italy we would have to take the buses, which were really bad, they were jammed packed tight with people who were sweaty. The buses were small in size, and only contained a few seats. Since you were standing so close to people they could grab something out of your purse without you knowing, and they would move on to the next person and keep doing it until someone noticed. If you went on one of the streets in Rome they were always busy with motor scooters, three-wheeled cars, and buses. The scooters got you to places faster because they could easily slip through traffic jams. When you had to park it was very difficult because people are parked vertical between horizontally lines parked cars. Accidents were really common in Rome, because there were always traffic jams.
When two people got in an accident they would just yell at each other, the police were never notified about them. Rome is an exciting place to visit because it has so many attractions to visit. This trip will always be special to me because I got to see a different culture and had many entertaining experiences. I would tell others that they at least would have to go visit Italy at least once in their life.