Three Great Cities to Visit | Teen Ink

Three Great Cities to Visit

By bb47023 BRONZE, Bayside, Wisconsin
bb47023 BRONZE, Bayside, Wisconsin

There are three cities that I think should be on everyones list to travel to. The first city is Istanbul. Istanbul is located in northwest Turkey. The city is divided in half by the Bosphorus Strait. The western half of the city is part of Europe, and the Eastern side is in Asia. The city has been ruled by many different peoples and empires, including the Romans, and the Ottoman Turks. Today, Istanbul is a modern city, but there are still many famous historic sites that are great to visit. The Grand Bazaar is one of the world’s largest and oldest covered markets. It has been open since 1461, and consists of 61 covered streets and over 3,000 shops. Another place to see is the Hagia Sofia. Since it was built, it has been turned into two different churches and a mosque. Currently, it is a museum. The Hagia Sofia features beautiful mosaics, minarets, and a giant dome. Istanbul is also famous for its phenomenal seafood restaurants.

The second city to visit is Madrid. Madrid is located in central Spain, and is the capital. One cool thing to do is visit the Museo del Prado. It is a famous Spanish art museum and is one of the most visited sites in the world. Madrid is also the home of Real Madrid, a famous soccer team. They have won the Spanish league 32 times, and the European Cup 9 times. They play in the Santiago Bernabeu. There are also many famous Spanish food that can be eaten in Madrid. Some of them are churros, chorizo, and gazpacho.
The last great city to travel to is Venice. Venice is located in a lagoon, between the Po and Piave Rivers. It is actually 118 small islands linked together by bridges. The islands are separated by riverways called canals. One thing to do in Venice is take a boat ride through the canals on a gondola. Gondolas are traditional Venetian boats. Another landmark to see in Venice is the Doge’s palace. The Doge was the ruler of Venice in medieval times. St. Mark’s Basilica is also a must see place. It is known for its gold mosaics, and has been nicknamed Chiesa d’Oro in italian, or Church of Gold. It is a symbol of Venetian wealth and Power.
These are three great cities to travel to, and hopefully, everyone will get a chance to visit these amazing places.

It was for school