Joy to the World, The Saviour is Born | Teen Ink

Joy to the World, The Saviour is Born

December 23, 2013
By Adnaan SILVER, Lucknow, Other
Adnaan SILVER, Lucknow, Other
5 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
1- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
2- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.


Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the ways. Santa with gifts, stars, Christmas tree, beautiful decoration, is this Christmas? People think of the same but Christmas is all about forgiveness, love, sharing and helping. This actual theme of Christmas got lost behind sparkling lights and fashion. Christ coming on this Earth marks the victory of good over evil. It is said that God loves us so much that for the sake of our sin he sacrificed his only son Lord Jesus Christ.

“The birth of Jesus Christ is a gift from God to us. He teaches us how to love and how to forgive another.” states Fr. Melvyn Saldanha, a school principal. “Prayer service in the church followed by singing carols marks the day. Then distribution of gifts to the needy ones, after that visiting the Christian families to spread the message of Lord Jesus completes our festival.”

Not thinking only about the children but the senior citizens too, we should understand and help them. “After doing prayers in the morning I visit to Prem Niwas, a place of discarded people at Sapru Marg. I feel happy to spent time with them, talk to them, listening and feeling their thoughts and pains.” states Sarita Tripathi, a teacher and a writer. “On all the festivals I take something for them but on Christmas I specially prepare a cake for them which they like very much. ‘Be happy and make others happy’ is what a festival teaches to us.”

Decorating the houses with electric lights and oil burners, banana or mango leaves makes the festival more attractive. “First and the foremost thing is visiting the church for the mid night mass and singing carols. After that I with my family decorate the house with Christmas tree, lights and crib and prepare the cake for everyone. We bring gifts for our children as they are very much excited about the Santa. In the evening visiting our relatives to wish them gift them our homemade cake completes our Christmas.” says Louis James, a lab assistant and an artist.

When talked about festivals how a women can be pulled back from shopping. “Our country and religion teaches to live in unity. So, living in a multi religion country how can I forgot the birth of Lord Jesus.” states Tarannum Rizvi, a radio jockey. Then adds, “On this auspicious day we decorate Christmas tree in our

house and make a small Santa. Then I prepare a cake for my family which the like a lot. In the evening we all go to the church and pray for peace on this earth and that people live in harmony. Then we do lots of shopping for everyone. Giving blankets to roadside beggars is our yearly motive on this day.”

So Christmas is not only the birth of the Jesus Christ. We should understand the purpose of it, what he told us to do and focus on the correct path and enjoy the Christmas with great enthusiasm and spread the message of love and peace.
________________________________________