A Place Full of Culture | Teen Ink

A Place Full of Culture

By harryA SILVER, Newport, Delaware
harryA SILVER, Newport, Delaware

Were you born or did you grow up in a land that is very cultural and also where there are a lot of places to travel to? I have and that place is called India. India a place that is very diverse and cultural. There are hundreds of places to visit/look at no matter what part of India it is. Some are religious with a very interesting history related to God, and some places are just for entertainment where you just go to enjoy with your family and have fun. India I would say is a place very religious and but also just like any other countries it also has some bad things like we all know no place on earth is perfect “we all come from the same tree but the part everyone comes from is different”.

Culture is a very important part in the lives of Indians. I know now day’s people are starting to forget the valuable cultures that were passed to them from their ancestors. But also there are a lot of people who respect the cultures and follow it. Respect is also an important part of our culture. From our childhood we are taught to respect our elders no matter who they are, we have to touch their feet and take their blessings. We have a lot of respect for our elders, our teachers and parents this is something I am very proud of.

Now let’s talk about the traveling in India. As we know out of the 7 wonders one of them is in India The Taj Mahal which is also known as a “love symbol” so this is one of the place to visit in India. Some of the other sightseeing places are India Gate, The Red Fort, Gateway of India, Hawa Mahal, Wonderla Park and etc. Some states of India is just amazing and beautiful ,where the whole state is worth sightseeing and on this list of states the first name is and will always be Jammu and Kashmir it is known as “The Heaven on Earth” it is that beautiful. Another state would be Uttrakhand known as “the Switzerland of India”, also other states like Goa, Rajasthan “the land of Kings”, Gujarat, Kerala and etc all states are beautiful and worth visiting.

This country is full of temples one reason is because it is guessed that “there is over 300 million gods in the Hindu religion”. I think this is one reason why not all but mostly all of the people are very religious. I believe that if anyone would want visit every one of the big and known temples it would take months and months to do so. Himachal Pradesh a state in India which is known as the “land of the Gods”. Some of the most famous temples in India are, the Kedarnath Temple, Harmandir Sahib Temple, Somnath Temple, Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, and etc. because this list will never end.

So India is a good place when it comes to culture and travel. But let me tell you the truth by listing all the good things I am not trying to prove that India is a perfect Country. Like I said no place on earth is perfect they all have some kind of darkness to it. Same with India it does have darkness in its body. But still I would say the percentage of brightness is a lot bigger than the percent of darkness. So India is a place you should visit at least once in your life it is a place for any type of person single, family. There is something for everyone to look at for religious people there are some of the best temples with amazing deigns and interesting history to it, for people who love entertainment there are parks, waterparks, nightclubs, movie theater ,beaches etc. The people who love sightseeing there are a lot of places for it and some cities and states like Darjeeling, Jaipur and Udaipur, Goa, Kashmir and so on are places that are full of sightseeing places. So India is not a bad place at all to visit.

"We all come from the same tree but the part we each come from is different"