Dancing | Teen Ink

Dancing

By Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey
Nicole9321 SILVER, West Windsor, New Jersey

Dancing is a way to escape reality and forget the stress of the world. There are many reasons that people dance, for the fun of it, too relive stress or too practice for a future career. There are many types of dance, such as jazz, hip-hop, tap, lyrical, and the most important in my opinion, ballet.

Ballet started in Italy around the 15th century, and later developed into a concert dance in France and Russia. One well-known ballet production is The Nutcracker. It premiered in the Mariinsky Theater in Saint Petersburg on the eighteenth of December in the year 1892. Another famous Ballet was Swan Lake, which was composed in 1875. Both of these ballets were unsuccessful after the first year of performances, but later gained huge popularity. Many young dancer begin with taking Ballet because is the foundation of all other types of dancing.

Another famous type of dancing is hip-hop. Unlike Ballet, Hip-hop is fast paced and started in the 1970’s in New York City. The music that hip-hoppers dance to has a strong beat and is usually fast and modern. Jazz is the closet dance to hip-hop, because they both share the similarity of having upbeat music. Jazz dancing was a big hit in the 1950’s and 60’s. Gus Giordano was a famous Jazz dancer who is said to be the “godfather of Jazz dance”

Dance is a universal language. Anyone can dance, it doesn’t matter your age or gender, dance is something everyone can enjoy. Dance is extremely important because it relieves peoples’ stress and lets them concentrate on only the dancing.
sources:Wikipedia