Myrtle Beach | Teen Ink

Myrtle Beach

October 17, 2013
By Cara Stang BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan
Cara Stang BRONZE, Lambertville, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I slowly come to my senses, awakening from my slumber. I squint around the brightly lit room. Ah, yes, I am in my paradise again. As I speedily change into my bathing suit, I can’t wait to be in the full embrace of the sunlight once again. It has been a while since I was in my paradise, and I am ecstatic to be back. Everything looks exactly how we left it; the 3 story beach house is untouched. Sprinting down the 2 flights of stairs, I thrust the pool gates open and stare at the pool. Again, just the way we left it, with crystal clear water flowing into the pool from one of many operable fountains. The tanning chairs are waiting to be laid in once again, but I do not have time for them right now. My mind is focused on only one thing: the beach.

The bottoms of my feet are greeted by that familiar feeling…BURNING! Gosh, I almost forgot how scalding the sand becomes after being pelted by the sun’s intense rays all day. This incentive only speeds up my race to the cool ocean water. I pass by the families: the Csurgos, the Tanners, and my own. I finally screech to a halt where the water and sand meet, mixing together in a swirl of cloudy water. I close my eyes and lean my head back, feeling the sunlight on my face and the wet sand between my toes. In the distance, waves crash over one another in a desperate attempt to reach the shoreline. I smile to myself. In this place, I am completely and utterly content.