Reflexion on Camp Wyoba | Teen Ink

Reflexion on Camp Wyoba

August 23, 2012
By nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
60 articles 11 photos 379 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.


“Jesus loves you.” My grandma says these are the three most important words you will ever hear. High up on a mountain I heard the slogan I’d heard all my life and finally began to fathom what it meant. Teenagers from all—and when I say all I mean all— walks of life come to camp WYOBA having one thing in common, their faith. By now you must be thinking “Oh Bible camp! B-O-R-I-N-G! It’s probably run by a humorless pastor and a bunch of nuns”; well my friend, you couldn’t be more wrong. At camp you will laugh, cry, sweat, smile, bleed, and hangout with people whom by the end of the week will be close to your heart as a brother or sister, even the so called “adults”. When I came down from WYOBA people asked me what my favorite part was. I probably said something like the shaving cream fight, or talent night, but honestly the part I will never forget was hugging, crying, praying, and a little laughing at how one another’s make-up starts running when we simultaneously began to realize how much Jesus actually cares. Camp is making new friends, finding old ones, being yourself, and having what the old people call “good clean fun”. Don’t just take my word for it! Go up the mountain yourself! I personally can't wait to get back as soon as I leave!


The author's comments:
This is something somone in my church asked me to write about the camp I went to this and every previous summer. If you'd like to learn more please visit http://www.wyoba.org/