British Lurve | Teen Ink

British Lurve

July 30, 2012
By misscross BRONZE, Lagos, Other
misscross BRONZE, Lagos, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is the ticket to the greatest show on earth" ~ Martin H. Fischer


What do you see when you visualize Britain? Rain, lots of tweed, Simon Cowell? Well, I have been here twice now and I love it. Somehow, when I think of Britain, I see myself walking down Oxford Street, bundled up during winter and window shopping….living here, basically. I love the whole place…the flag (go Union Jack!), the malls, the accents…I have been sold since I was what, 8 years old? Britain is my dream place to come to college, live, you know the whole shebang.

I am here during the 2012 Olympics and so far, it has been fun. We (my family- dad, mom, brother, sister) are staying with our aunt and uncle in their 3-bedroom apartment which amazingly fits us all. The food is so good (my aunt is going to make me fat!) and the walks are refreshing. The weather is chilly, but the sun comes up at the loveliest times. It is kind f creepy when the sun stays up until like nine p.m. but it is rather fascinating being able to lose track of time because the sun is still up. I love it here.


The author's comments:
Britain is a place that I have always been fascinated by and loved....that will probably never change.