My Summer Vacation | Teen Ink

My Summer Vacation

March 26, 2012
By ken-ro BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
ken-ro BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On my last summer vacation I got to go on a cruise. It was so much fun and I wish I could go again. On the cruise there were three destinations; Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We got to do a lot of exciting excursions at each place. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on. The only down fall of this vacation was that it was a week long, and the first days spent at sea were very boring1 I got tired of seeing the same people all the time . On the third day we finally got to see land; our stop was Jamaica. It was humid and the people were just as you would expect them to be. We went zip-lining over waterfalls in a rain forest and got to try Jamaican “jerk” which we know as chicken. I met an amazing tour guide and made some new Jamaican friends. The second stop on our adventure was the Cayman Islands. We swam with sting rays and played with sea turtles. The sting rays were the best part of the Cayman Islands. I was so scared they were going to sting me, but they were actually friendly creatures. The turtles were the cutest sea animals I have ever seen. They had a variety of sea turtles from babies to monsters. The third and final stop was Cozumel, Mexico, where we went scuba diving and shopping. Scuba diving was my over al favorite part of the trip. I loved seeing all the underwater sea life, all the fish and coral; it was beautiful. Then we went shopping which I love I absolutely love to do. I had a blast on this vacation, and I recommend this cruise for anyone. It was a true adventure. I got to meet great new people and try amazing new foods if you love trying new things, this would be a great vacation for you.