Bermuda Triangle | Teen Ink

Bermuda Triangle

By 11kittycat BRONZE, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
11kittycat BRONZE, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

One of the most mysterious places on earth

The Bermuda Triangle is mostly known for its unexplainable disappearances. One of the most famous ones is Flight 19. Five U.S combat aircrafts were doing a test run for the government when they suddenly reported compasses and other navigational equipment malfunctioning. Then they disappeared from the radar. No wreckage was ever found from Flight 19.

There are many theories for this disappearance. One is that there are electrical or magnetized charges in the air which causes the equipment to malfunction. Another theory is human or pilot error. In which while flying above or sailing on the water the captain or pilot can get disoriented and go off course. This will cause them to go off the radar and explain why no wreckage is ever found. One last theory is one that is a little far fetched. The theory is that underneath the Bermuda Triangle lies the sunken city of Atlantis. They think that there are energy crystals from Atlantis interfering with our technology.

Another famous disappearance was the SS Marine Sulphur Queen. This vessel disappeared off the radar without an SOS call or anything like it. The only evidence of this disappearance was a single life jacket that floated ashore a couple days after. A theory for this is that there are methane gas pockets underneath the ocean floor that becomes dislodged and decreases the bouncy of the water causing a ship to sink. One more theory is the unusual weather patterns in the Bermuda Triangle. Lightning might strike a plane causing it to crash down and it might shock the person inside so they can’t send a SOS. Also the jerky waves could cause the ship to crash into a high rock and sink the ship quite quickly.

Over the years the Bermuda Triangle has had many unexplained disappearances. Even though there are many theories none of them have yet to be proven. As technological understanding advances maybe he will find the final answer to the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.

Sources
"Bermuda Triangle Theories: Bermuda Triangle: Science Channel." Science Channel: Space, Technology, Engineering, Earth Science. Web. 01 Feb. 2012. <http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2009/bermuda-triangle-theories/bermuda-triangle-theories.html>.
Decoding the Bermuda Triangle. History Channel. Television.

I have always been interested in the Bermuda Triangle. So i thought i could write a great story about something i love.

Heka1625 said...
on Jun. 29 2017 at 6:29 pm
Really interesting and spooky topic love it

moh afsal k said...
on Apr. 9 2014 at 12:36 pm
i think the region where have high gravitational force which attract everything to that!!

on Oct. 16 2013 at 10:54 am
i think there there is a negative untouched place ever