Gone With the Windy City | Teen Ink

Gone With the Windy City

January 13, 2012
By Anonymous

You may know it as the home to the Willis Tower, its treacherous record breaking winters, or one of the best sports cities in the world. Regardless of what you’ve heard, Chicago is without a doubt, one of the best places in the world.

When you’re in Chicago, you get to experience all the wonderful seasons. The summer months may bring unwelcomed amounts of perspiration and frizzy hair, but during fall you get to watch deep shades of color bleed onto the leaves. Not to mention winters that can’t help but you make you smile. The windy city not only gives you the ultimate trip around the seasons, but life in the city is always full of buzz and adventure. Chicago has a lot to offer, from enticing, heavenly food, to an abundant full of attractions. The food in Chicago is phenomenal. You are guaranteed to find a restaurant to meet your needs for whatever you may be craving, especially if that craving happens to be a tasty famous Chicago style hotdog. No place else offers one of the best hotdogs in the world. Aside from the delicious food, tons of attractions flood the streets in the city. Chicago holds one of the most famous skyscrapers commonly known as the Sears Tower, now the Willis Tower. You get an ultimate view of the amazing city. Another buzz worthy building is the John Hancock. You can experience an unforgettable dinner on the 95th floor that also comes with a jaw dropping view. Navy Pier is another popular attraction in Chicago. Whether you’re in the mood for adventure filled rides or a night full of eye pleasing fireworks, you’re guaranteed to have a fun time. Maybe rides aren’t your thing. No fear, that’s why Lake Michigan is here! In Chicago, they have astonishing cruises. For those shopaholics out there, there is indeed amazing shopping in the windy city. The Magnificent Mile is an incredible eight block stretch consisting of 460 stores. Even if you’re looking for something a little more low key, Chicago will not let you down. The city consists of numerous theatres that proudly host famous Broadway shows, concerts, and live entertainment. Whether it’s a night out on the town, or a quiet show, Chicago has got it all.

Chicago has everything to offer and so much more. The diversity and variety draws millions in each and every year. This amazing city is always alive and vibrant. Excitement is only the beginning to describe one of the best cities there is.