A Memorable Entrance | Teen Ink

A Memorable Entrance

October 18, 2011
By abtraveldine BRONZE, Abingdon, Maryland
abtraveldine BRONZE, Abingdon, Maryland
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All you dreams can come true...if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney


There is only one word that truly describes my experience at the Encore Las Vegas… magnificent. It was the first impression of walking through the doors that truly affected me the most. The Encore Las Vegas is a 5 star hotel by Steve Wynn and appeared to go above and beyond in terms of customer satisfaction and amenities. When I first arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by immense, solid mahogany doors, which in a sense, seemed like a symbol of greatness. As I stepped through the door, I was greeted by large floor to ceiling windows that gave out a subtle dosage of sunlight, which helped emphasize and bring about the warm red and gold ambiance throughout the room. It literally felt as though I entered a new majestic world because I've never experienced anything as amazing as this, in terms of architecture. As I continued to walk forward, I noticed the plush and soft red carpet that essentially massaged my every step. When I looked left and right, I couldn't help but notice the great amounts of detail of the walls and ceilings from the elegant art work and chandeliers that complimented the soft yet vibrant colors, all the way to the extensive use of decorative crown molding and trim. It was a room that made me feel extremely comfortable since it was exceptionally spacious and quiet for a casino hotel, all complimented by a beautiful fragrance that virtually eliminated all hints of cigarette smoke. I don’t know why, but entering the hotel was amazing.

The author's comments:
For some reason, entering this hotel was something that I never experienced. It was great.