Really, it's not that great.

When people ask where I'm from, I hate answering.
Because it's always the same thing.
"I'm from France."
"Oh, how wonderful, you are SO lucky." They will say those same words and polite as I am, I'll just nod.
The truth ? I don't think France is all that great.
I wish I could live in the States, with the rest of my family. Not an ocean and a sea apart.
I was born in Paris, but don't remember what the city was like. Since the age of 3, I have lived in the south of France, next to Italy.
I live 6 minutes from the sea and from my window can see the beach and all the French that get nude and have a swim.
Some will say that I should thank my lucky star and pray to never leave.
I'm not saying that France is horrible but it's just not home.
The culture and the French ( and the food most of all ) are fine I guess. The schools take a bigger toll on the kids and the way of life is totally different.
When I'm in the states, and people ask if I'm from France they think of Paris immediately. It's not just that you know -...
Same as overseas, when I say I'm part American they think : New-York, LA, San Francisco. It's not just that you know -...
As a kid, I felt like Hannah Montana, living two lives. Now it's just annoying.
So don't think that France isn't great, it's OK. Really.
Just not the best place in the world.

Radiah This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 21, 2011 at 8:18 am
yup.. agreed. THIS ARTICLE DESERVED TO BE POSTED IN THE MAGAZINE!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 30, 2011 at 2:04 am
I can relate! I think the same thing when people learn where I was born! Places are great for holidays, but can get dull sometimes, although after you've been on a holiday, it's always lovely to come home... :)