Our Visit to St. John's, Canada

April 5, 2011
By Anonymous

“Kitty!” my mom yelled from the kitchen. I have always hated how my mom would always scream out of nowhere. It scares me sometimes. She was surprising me saying that we are going to go on a cruise to St. John’s, Canada. At that moment, I was really excited. Well, I was overreacting a little too much because it was my first time going on a cruise. Could you imagine! Living on a big ship filled with food and comfortable places for you to relax, but it was only for 4 days. For me, that was not enough fun for the vacation.

This great experience happened last summer 2010. My family and I decided to go on vacation. We all packed up all our clothes and everything that we needed a few days before our trip. We went off a few days later. We couldn’t drive our car there because there was no place to park, so we took public transportation. We almost got lost. Once we arrived at shore, I saw a really big ship that says CARNIVAL, with big bold red letters. I quickly ran to check in. My family was right behind me. It took us about one to two hours to go on board. By the time we were finished, it was 5:00 P.M.
The people who worked there gave us the keys (cards) to our room. My room had an ocean view. How cool is that! When you wake up you could see the sunrise and when it’s almost night time you get to see the sunset. It was so beautiful. The one thing I hate the most is when my mom comes into my room and open the curtains. Why must she do that? The sun would shine right into my eyes.

During the first day cruising, the sea made me really tired and dizzy. I couldn’t do or eat anything. I was sea sick, especially the first night. We reserved a place in this restaurant for dinner and we sat all the way in the back of the ship. It kept titling back and forth. However, the next day was amazing. I will never forget it. There was a chocolate buffet in the afternoon. It was my favorite part of the vacation. I went to the buffet, but I didn’t eat much. I was full from all the food I ate for lunch. After that I went to the spa with my mom. I wasn’t supposed to be there because it says that you have to be 18 or older, but no on caught us. The water was hot and relaxing. My dad also played ping-pong with my sisters and cousins. They were really good.

It was the third day and we have arrived at St. John, Canada. When I looked outside the window, I saw little houses and cars driving so slow that you can literally cross the street when it’s a red light. I was really amazed about the site there. We were entertained by people. The mall wasn’t as good as the mall here in New York, but I got some souvenirs. I also went to the supermarkets and bought some delicious Canadian food such as the Canadian crab we tried. Also, my dad bought a bottle of wine. It looked really special. I took a sip and it was different from the wine here at New York. By the time we walked back to the ship it was 4:00 P.M. The streets were quiet and steep. They were so hard to walk on. It was like playing on the slides.

“NO!”, I cried. It was our last day cruising. I had a lot of fun, but I wanted more. Back in our room, we were packing up our bags, getting ready to leave. That night I had dinner with my family and all of a sudden people pop out of no where and start to dance and sing. The lights were dimmed and red. It was blinding my eyes. He grabbed my arms and I started to dance. After the dinner, we all had to say good-bye. It was depressing because I just made some new friends there. This was one of the most amazing experiences in my life and I will never forget it.

Similar Articles


This article has 0 comments.


MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!