voyage to india This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

it is one of those nights
when the clouds can't seem to swallow
their tears and the stars have forgotten
to dress the sky.

along the horizon
there are hills like white elephants
silhouettes of trees with naked branches trailing
ivory streaks across the canvas.

and once in a lonely while,
the spectral crescent moon
dangles
as paper marionettes twirl with upraised
arms from a taut, invisible string.

shhh,
the children are dancing.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
simplys yet beatiful. i really like it. it was good because under or over state and it was wasn't to activisty or about a boy.  it was glispe into beauty of everyday life. your great writer because, on like most writter, you realize the best poem are about everyday life. keep writing!!!!!!!

emmacloe26 said...
This is so beautiful

Malanie replied...
Oct. 30, 2012 at 7:51 am
I completely agree. I ♥ this poem

xxLivxx said...
This is a stunning poem, beautifully written, really good, well done! :D

irishlass317 said...
This is such a beautiful poem!! I love the imagery and the metaphors are so creative. My favorite part is the last stanza!! Great job!! :) 

HiChanelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was really beautiful. Great Job!

Holly L. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:40 am
This poem is stunning. Beautiful images, the rhythm is right on, and well, I just love it. The last line is very poignant. I really feel like you've taken me on a journey, shown me somthing new. I think it would benefit from you fixing the capitals (in the title, at the starts of lines), because little grammar slips like that detract from the beauty somehow. It's up to you--you could capitalise it instead like you would prose, i.e. only at the start of each sentence, ignoring ne... (more »)