Christmas Time | Teen Ink

Christmas Time

Christmas is my favorite time of year. Instead of looking forward to the family dinners, and presents, I look forward to going to Florida. Every year my family heads down to Fort Myers. It’s a time to get away from the dreadful snow, and the depressing cold winter of Wisconsin.
We head into nothing but beautiful high eighty degree weather, without a cloud in the sky. The warm sand on my toes gives me a natural manicure as I walk the beach line. The warmth of the sun heats up my body temperature. I lay for hours listening to relaxing music trying to soak up as much sun as possible before the day breaks and the gorgeous sunset comes out. As the day gets cooler and the sun begins to set, we walk to Times Square.
Walking through Time Square is a bash. Hippies dancing to reggae music, magicians creating a crowd, painters painting the scene, balloon creators making weiner dogs, the homeless begging for money, children running around with such excitement, and people all around the little shops and restaurants people-watching.