Getting Your Car Ready to Go | Teen Ink

Getting Your Car Ready to Go

January 11, 2010
By matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
matjar34 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Winter is coming, and that means the trip to school in the morning just got more adventurous. The morning ice on the windshield can cause problems, unless you know how to deal with it quickly.
“I hate it,” said Ryan Thompson about the morning chore. “It’s a big pain.”
One way to deal with the ice is to go out ten minutes early and turn your car on. Jack up the defroster and go back inside to enjoy your breakfast. When you head out, the heat should be going strong and you should be able to scrape of the ice with the heat blowing.
When you don’t want to head outside so early, you can still get to school in time. When you go outside, turn the defroster on low and grab your ice scraper. Spray some de-ice solution (a mixture of half water and half vinegar) on your car’s windshield and use your ice scraper to grind off the ice.
If you don’t have an ice scraper, a credit card will work. However, do not use a card that you currently use, as this method is known to occasionally break cards. Use something expired or something you don’t care about losing.

The author's comments:
I live in WI and its cold.