Autumn Leaves | Teen Ink

Autumn Leaves MAG

By Anonymous

   Have you ever seen a northern Wisconsin autumn? It is abreathtaking sight; the beauty engulfs the senses!

No matter where you arethere are brilliant and beautiful signs of autumn. When driving, the vivid leavesseem to jump out from the trees and bushes. Peer into the forest to see every huefrom red-violet to yellow-green. In the bright blue sky, geese honk merrily ontheir way south. Every once in a while, a wisp of wood smoke from nearby housesfloats by in the crisp, clean air. Dried cornstalks and pumpkins decorateporches. Blue jays peck at the sunflowers in the garden. Over there, an appletree sits at the edge of a field, loaded with fruit. Many others are strewn inthe dried, brown grasses that look like delicate snow on frostymornings.

Taking a walk in the woods is a quite an experience. The red,yellow, orange and brown leaves crunch underfoot, while mushrooms growing out ofthe damp soil smush into gooey lumps. Leaves rain down as the wind howls throughthe trees, making them rustle and creak. Bright red berries accent the alreadycolorful scene. Under the pine trees the ground is a soft blanket of orangeneedles. The air is filled with the zingy scent of evergreens and the fresh smellof decomposing leaves and dirt. The autumn forest is so peaceful and cozy that itis difficult to be anything but happy there. Suddenly a startled ruffed grouse'swings drum the air as it takes flight. This can surprise, and sometimes frighten,a person. However, the forest soon returns to its normal peacefulness.

Seeour colorful and crisp Wisconsin autumn. It is a wonderful escape from thestresses of life. Come, relax and enjoy.






Pilgrims by Lauren S., New City, NY

My Quinceanera by Ethelyn L., Phoenix, AZ









   


By Sarah D., Olean, NY


Send your work

Email a Friend

Send your work

More Travel
TopRightExtra.jpeg
Extra160.jpeg
Extra160bot.jpeg
Teen Ink - PO Box 30, Newton, MA 02461 - (617) 964-6800 - editor@teenink.com
Published by The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. - A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Copyright 2005 by Teen Ink, The 21st Century and The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
This publication may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means,
without the written permission of the publisher: The Young Authors Foundation, Inc.