Alaska .

Alaska is the 49th state and largest state of the united states of America by area . The U.S senate approved the purchase of Alaska from the Russian empire on march 30th, 1867 , for $7.2 million . The land went through several changes before becoming a organized territory . The name Alaska was already introduced in the russian colonial time, when it was used only for the peninsula, and derived from the mainland . Alaska is also known as Alyeska which means “the great land”, an Aleut word derived from the same root . Alaskas state motto is “north to the future” and has received the nicknames “the last frontier”,“land of the midnight sun”, and “Seward's icebox” . Some things you would specifically find in alaska are the four spot skimmer dragonfly, the flower forget-me-not, the king salmon, the bowhead whale, the sitka spruce, and the wooly mammoth .

AlaskanGirl15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Alaska is not cold all of the time, it just depends on where you are from and what part of Alaska you are in. I live in South East, Alaska and in my opinion our weather is like that of... Washington... unpredictable, rainy, and REALLY wet... But other than that it was a really good article well written. 

conversegirl23 said...
You've never been to Alaska, have you?

OH_rawr replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm :
nope. lol it was an article for school. but it would be fun to go.

blawasb said...
What A nice description about Alaska. I like Alaska so reading about its interesting history was great. I would use this interesting information in a report. All of the information is accurate and precise. I did not know where the name Alaska came from but it said that it came from Aleut root. I always thought we bought Alaska from Denmark But it said that we bought it from Russia. I enjoyed this piece.