Castaway Fiji | Teen Ink

Castaway Fiji

By mdonnelly5 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
mdonnelly5 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

Castaway Island, a Teenager’s Paradise

Mia Donnelly explores beautiful Castaway Island, Fiji on behalf of teenagers

“If it’s not Fiji water, we don’t want it.” – Denzel Curry

If you’re looking for an escape with your family look no further than Castaway Island, Fiji. Castaway is about 1300 miles (2100 km) north of Auckland, New Zealand. Perfect for teenagers who want to enjoy the outdoors and fun adventures. 

The best time to visit Fiji for blue skies is May through to September. This is a magnificent period for staying at this resort. The warmest months in Fiji are January and February where daytime climate is around 30 – 32 degrees Celsius making it perfect for a soothing swim. 

We arrived at Castaway and fell in love with the island's clear waters, beautiful landscapes, and cultural beliefs that you experience. The island itself has the most amazing feeling that gives you endorphins just standing there. 

This holiday can be a relaxed vacation to relieve stress and worries or a fun filled adventure! It is perfect for teenagers who love the outdoor setting. Activities including beach volleyball, beach yoga, tennis, kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing and scuba diving are just a handful of things to enjoy.

This beautiful island is an unreal experience for a teenager. I encourage every teenager to relish in the glow of the island. 

Castaway Island is one of the most popular island resorts in Fiji and has been voted one of the top 10 resorts in the South Pacific Islands. No doubt this has something to do with the stupendously breathtaking views of the alluring island.

Enjoy the tropical beaches with beautiful clear waters around the whole island. Imagine the silky sand on your feet and the salty water breeze as you walk around the island. The smells and tastes of the Fijian native foods makes your mouth water. Experiencing the sounds of the waves crashing on the beach combining with the cultural songs and dances brings a calming element to your holiday.   

Fijians love to express their culture with songs and dances. The bonfire by the water was a highlight of my holiday because of the beautiful people who we laughed with all night. 

Food on the island include freshly caught fish, sweet potato, coconut, taro, and Fijian Asian dining (which is open for dinner only). See castawayfiji.com/dining/ for more information about dining. 

Castaway was developed by the late Richard Smith and welcomed its first guests in November 1966. Since then, its white sand, sparkling water, coral reefs, and friendly staff has attracted many visitors who are mostly Australian.

My favourite memory of our trip was the family time we enjoyed, especially when we went snorkeling in the reef. 

My advice for packing for this life-changing trip is to bring 3 different pairs of swimmers, sunscreen, sunnies, a camera, and your sense of adventure!

This is the most perfect teenage getaway. Kids’ clubs and parents’ bars make this magic destination fit everyone’s needs and wants while staying on the island.

Visit castawayfiji.com/ for more information on this amazing island and what it has to offer. Castaway Island is truly a teenager’s paradise. 

this was a term 4 English assessment.