Multicultural, Adventurous, Brisbane City | Teen Ink

Multicultural, Adventurous, Brisbane City

November 24, 2022
By Benjamin_Skerritt BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
Benjamin_Skerritt BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Multicultural, Adventurous, Brisbane City

Brisbane, exquisite shops, sumptuous food, and exciting activities for the family and teens, writes Ben Skerritt, 13

Do you want to experience new food sensations, cool exciting shops, and exciting activities? Then Brisbane City is the place to be. On my trip to Brisbane, I was starstruck by how many shops, food stalls, hidden restaurants and cafés were in this big city. It was exceptional. It was simply the best holiday that I have been on.

However, when I visited Brisbane, it was winter with a slight breeze, but it still prevailed with all the warm food that was offered to us. As we walk into The Oaks hotel in Brisbane, we were dumbstruck by the facilities inside the hotel. A family stay for 2 adults and 2 children is 1,140AUD (which is 729USD)  There was a gym, two pools, an outdoor pool, a lap pool, and a sauna! As our family walked through the cold breeze like a family of penguins that are trying to warm up, we went to a place called the Pancake Manor.

It sold pancakes, steaks, and salads but it was huge! Just eating two was like eating seven pancakes in a row! After the mouth-watering pancakes, we decided to go back to our hotel and head off to the Queen Street mall.

An interesting fact that we learnt, the late Queen Elizabeth 2nd visited it there when she was here for the upcoming Brisbane Commonwealth Games in 1982.

The multicultural side of Brisbane City is a city with thousands of cultural stores and hidden places such as cafes and stores too. A third of Brisbane’s population was born overseas and two-thirds are born in Australia. The Japanese sushi was like you were transported to Japan and was made from the heart, the pizza was like it tasted from Italy, and the dumplings were made with love. If I had more time to spend at this wonderful place, I would have gone to every restaurant and tasted all the dishes there.

Some of the activities that I did was electric bike riding, which was weird at first, but I soon got the hang of it, and it was a breeze. Another activity was a free KittyCat barge. It was like the expensive CityCat but for free. Some other activities that I did were the Wheel of Brisbane Ferris and golfing which my family was great, and I was totally surprised. When our family went to the Ferris wheel, they offered us to have a family photo. It was nice of them to offer us a family photo.

The length of the mall is 40,000 square metres wide and 500 metres long in 4 directions. In the queen street mall, there was a massive two-story McDonald’s with a business meeting room, an underground JB-HI-FI, and a very long Nike store.

The highlight of my journey was when we went to see Mary Poppins at the Brisbane Performing Arts Centre. At first, I was reluctant but when we saw the performance, it was like a great movie reimagined into a theatre performance. After the performance, we couldn’t stop talking about it. After the performance, we went to a pizza place called Corbett and Claude and it was delicious.

This trip was a memorable experience. It was on that trip, our family bonded more as a family. it was a memorial trip for our family. I’d never wanted to leave Brisbane because there was so much still to explore.


The author's comments:

This is a travel article for term 4 english