A Day in Life | Teen Ink

A Day in Life

May 19, 2009
By Yelyzaveta Pavlyshyna BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
Yelyzaveta Pavlyshyna BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
1 article 2 photos 0 comments

If I had wings for twenty-four hours, I would travel to the most fascinating country in the world-Tanzania. This country has everything what Africa has to offer: high mountains, incredible desert wilderness and magnificent marine life.

To start with, I would fly to the highest Mount of Africa which is the Mount of Kilimanjaro. Since I read “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” by Ernest Hemingway, it has been always my dream to see the snow–capped Mount Kilimanjaro. I could vividly imagine the beautiful view of the African highest Mount standing out in the middle of the wild safari. What a stunning view!

After the flying over the Kilimanjaro slopes, I would use the opportunity to see the big cats of Africa: lion and leopards. I would definitely fly over them to see my favorite animals as close as I can. I could probably even scratch their backs which would be the most adventurous part of my trip. Then I would run a race with chimpanzees in the swaying palm trees. It will be become the most joyful part of my trip.

Having spent time in safari wilderness, I would fly to ocean coast and visit the thatched villages, historic Swahili ports, and white-sand beached. My final destination would be the Mafia island where local people go about their traditional way of life almost undisturbed by the outside worlds. I would like to visit the Island because it is also the location for the largest marine park in Africa. This park contains not only some of the finest unbleached coral in the Indian Ocean, but which also has whale sharks. Using my wings I would fly over the ocean and if I am lucky I would be able to see the dangerous whale sharks.


Having seen everything Tanzania has to offer, I would fly over the Atlantic Ocean back to New Orleans.