Adventure in Kauai | Teen Ink

Adventure in Kauai

December 13, 2018
By Anonymous

There is a deep meaning behind everything a person does. That includes what they paint, write, mold, or draw. This painting set has a meaning to me. It is one that is easy to describe. Not by basic words, but by a story, of the “Dry Cave, Kauai, 2011.”

The painting is across two pieces of canvas. You could see all of the brush strokes on the canvas. Every stroke held a meaning to the detail. If you looked at the painting hard enough it was almost as if you were in the painting itself.

The first canvas was a path opening up. The path was surrounded around by trees and plant life. The trees were tall as skyscrapers. Maybe even taller. The color green surrounded most of the canvas to make the trees. With such detail that you could see each individual leaf on the trees and bushes.

The second cavas was displayed right next to the first. The path continued to open up on this half of the painting. It opened into a cave. The artist painted were you could see all of the erosion marks and detail in the cave. The cave is like any other cave, a cold grey colored rock. The cave was wide and looked very deep. In side the cave there is a shadow that looks like a person inside, exploring.

Imagine that you and your friends are at a beach, hanging out. You come across a path. There is a choice to make go on the path and have an adventure of a lifetime or stay on the beach and do the same old thing.

Well you choose, and go to the path  and have an adventure.

The adventure was waiting, on a luscious trail that leads to a cave. All your friends run ahead into the cave. You stop before entering the cave. Just to take it all in. The nature was calling you, from the trees to the cave.  All you feel is the need for an adventure, there is a human craving for exploration, adventure, or anything with excitement. That is where the story starts.

My friends and I came across a trail, and we decided to go on to it. There was a sudden need to explore. I freeze and look all around to see what is all here. To see the picturesque moment, are leaves were a vibrant green. There was a little clearing, the clearing was small and in front of the cave. The hike that it took to get to this point proved our need of an adventure. You could see it in our body language.

The path is made of some type of yellow-tan sand, I don’t know what type. It feels like sand but yet it also feels like dirt. The little rocks on the path are small but not small enough to step on. So you watch where you step, sometimes you were too focused on the adventure that lays ahead.

Everyone else is going ahead, you slow down and feel the wind on your skin like tiny little kisses. The leaves blowing on the trees rustled as if they were maracas, the shrubs move slightly in the wind.  The trees stood tall as if they were soldiers at attention. The path opens up to a big opening in the cave, you see the big ripples, and dents from erosion. Some of the rock discoloration is whitish yellow. The rest of the rock has a somber, sad grey brown, the cave is pretty deep as far as the eye can see. It is pitch black in the cave like all the light was smothered by a blanket.

The cave opens wide enough to drive an army through it. I enter the cave to catch up with my friends. There water drips from the cave and lands on my lips. The water tasted so pure, and clean. The cave smelled sulfurous and felt cold. The water made a drip drop noise towards the back of the cave.

The adventure called: it calls everyday, then you go on another adventure. Adventures bring on long lasting memories, happiness, and joy. How ever you interpret this description of the painting is up to you. Every painting has its own meaning, that it is up to you to be determine the meaning. Life is full of interpretations. They are everywhere without you even noticing. So next time you read a story or look at a piece of art, interpret it. Try to see something in the art piece or story. It could change your view on something or life.

You never know what the creator has intended. That is great because it leads everything up to interpretation. When an artist does that, they could be leaving their heart and sole for you to decide what to do with it. The beauty of the game is that they will never know how or why. Which helps keep everyone's interpretations pure and uncoerced.