Thursday Night Football | Teen Ink

Thursday Night Football

By Austin Pekarek BRONZE, Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Austin Pekarek BRONZE, Two Rivers, Wisconsin

It was a warm, starting to get cold night in Kimberly. It was 0-0 and we had the ball. After our last play Coach Wegner told Mikey, “We are going to run a 133 pass.”
So Mikey came in the game and said to Brett Kasper, “133 pass.”
So Riley and I had to go out for a pass. I felt like I was about to die. I always feel nervous when it is a pass play. So I took off to the line. The position I play is tight end. I started to wiped off my hands to get the sweet of my hands because I started getting nervous and then I got ready for the count. Kasper started the count. The play was on one. I hadn’t had a pass thrown to me all season. When Kasper called hike I took off the line as fast as I could. My play route was a post. Riley and both met around the same place. Brett Kasper threw the up in the air ball. When I looked up I jumped as high as I could. My heart started pounding at the speed of sound. Well guess what happened. The ball fell right into my hands. But to my mistake the ball was supposed to go to Riley. I jumped up right in front of him and stole the ball. When I came down with the ball I took off running as fast as I could. I was at around the 20 yard line when all of a sudden I could hear the crowd cheering. When I got into the end zone the crowd went nuts. I looked up in the crowd as happy as ever and I found my mom and my dad waving at me and giving me thumbs up they also where shouting, “That a boy, Austin.”
After that my teammates came over and started giving me high fives. That was the proudest moment of my life. After the game we lost 12-16. We could have tied but we misted two extra points. Even though we lost I was still happy to get my very first touchdown of my football career. I do also feel sorry from stealing the ball from Riley but I did something good I got my first touchdown. That was the happiest day of my life.