The Last Shot

The referee blows the whistle, it was a shooting foul. We line up for the two free throws.The referee shouts "two shots." It is a dead even tie between our two teams. The foul is called at the last ten seconds of the game. This is the last chance. You stand along the key...standing... waiting.Surrounded by the opposing team, all you can do is pray for the best. Your job rebound and box out. Hold you breath. Wait for it;wait for it. She shot the first basket, it missed. She shot the next basket. Swish. It's in. The thundering screams of the crowd is ear splitting.

Six seconds of the game. The other team calls time out. Coach tells us, "They are going to be going ferociously to score. Do strong defense and do not let them through this game is yours." "Colts on three. One, Two, Three Colts." We do three-two defense. We put our hands up and block. The buzzer blows the deafening blow;and the crowd cheers. 22-23 we had won the game.

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:02 pm
@Mag;) Wow, that is INTENSE! I am glad you won, and I didn't know you play basketball!