Go Home | Teen Ink

Go Home

By Faith S. BRONZE, San Jacinto, California
Faith S. BRONZE, San Jacinto, California

“Go Home!” he said. He told me to leave. I didn’t want to give up like that. I knew I wasn’t going to give up like that. I was better than that. We are all better than that. They all heard us. They all knew what was going on.
Practicing for a game we were going to have the next day. We were all working really hard in the bright yellow sun that seemed to melt us away. I didn’t have water. This has never happened before. Everyone was drinking there cold water as I sat there watching them. After they were done I had to ask someone for water. But there was one problem, my coach saw me do that.

He was so strict about that. He would get so mad when someone didn’t bring their water. After i was done drinking some water he pulled me aside while everyone else went and continued to practice.

“Where's your water?” he asked me with a mean smirk on his face
“I forgot it”
“How did you forget it? You know you have to bring water!”
“I know but I just forgot. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.”
“So you really don’t have water today?”
“No but I borrowed someone's”
“GO HOME!!!!!!!”
“No!”
“GO HOME!”
“NO, I’m not going home just because I forgot my water even though I still borrowed some.”
“Go home right now!!!”
“No I'm not leaving!”

He was not telling me to go home and come back for the game the next day. He was trying to kick me off the team. But he didn’t like me anyway so I wasn’t surprised he did this to me.

“GO...HOME. You're done!”

Tears started swelling in my eyes and my vision became blurry.

“No, I’m not leaving! And no I’m not going to let you treat me like this.” I said as I walked back onto the courts
Was I really going to let him kick me off the team just because I forgot my water one time? No, I wasn’t. This was the first time this has ever happened to me.

The entire team was listening to us. They all knew what was going on.