Jose Altuve | Teen Ink

Jose Altuve

October 27, 2017
By Anonymous

José Carlos Altuve is the second baseman for the Houston Astros. Altuve has been a very dominant player the past few years.  I admire Jose Altuve because he was always been doubted for being short or not big/strong enough.Altuve has played for my favorite MLB team since he was drafted. Jose has made a huge impact on the team and has almost carried the team throughout multiple season.


He has received many more honorable rewards over his career. José Altuve was drafted to the Astros minor league team in 2007 with a 15,000 signing bonus. He did outstanding on this minor league team so they advanced him through many different minor league teams. Each minor league team is leveled by performance and skill.


Finally in 2011 the Houston Astros called Altuve up to the major league. On August 20, 2011, Jose Altuve hit an inside the park homerun,which was his first major league homerun.


On July 13, 2013, Altuve signed a four year 12.5 million dollar contract extension, including a 750,000 contract signing bonus.


September 16, 2014 Altuve hit a single up the middle to break Craig Biggio’s  franchise single season hit record for 210 hits.  In 2014, he became the first player in over 80 years to reach 130 hits and 40 stolen bases before the all star game. He  received the Golden Glove award in 2015 and was the Al stolen base leader in 2014..
In 2015, Altuve was voted the starting second baseman for the AL team. Altuve got his 800th career hit on September 11, he also received the Golden Glove award in.


In 2016, Jose Altuve was voted into the all star game for the fourth time. He had a .336 batting average, and 216 hits. In 2017 Altuve lead the mlb in batting average with a .346 batting average. Jose Altuve and the Astros are now one of the best teams and the league and are currently in the World Series, and in the MVP race.