World Series | Teen Ink

World Series

We beat the previous team by one run and the game went into extra innings. The score was tied zero to zero in the tenth inning. Our pitcher, Brandon, had only allowed one hit throughout the game. We were the home team, and I was up to bat. The bases were loaded with two outs, and the count was full. I was thinking in my mind, if i could just take one more ball we could win and go to the World Series! Sure enough, threw a ball, and the runner came home for the win! The only way we made it this far was that the weekend before, we beat the previous team that was ranked 40th. Just because we won that game, we were going to the little league World Series. We were getting ready to go to the beach: a place for vacation, fun, relaxation . . . but there was no fun in this trip, since I was there for one reason and one reason only: to win the Little League World Series. My family and I got in the car with bags of clothes and baseball gear for the journey to a new place for me. This journey was from East Texas to Gulf Shores, Alabama. It took a while, but we finally got there and got our room key. We were the only team from another state in the tournament which was unfortunate. Texas fans were very doubtful about us at the World Series, because no Texas team has ever won it or even been close to winning it. Our coach told us, “We are going down there to win the whole thing.” I believed him with all my heart, and I knew I was going to give my all at this tournament. All I could see was white sand and a view that could take your breath away. I wanted to go swim and have fun, but I could not; I had a game in 2 hours. The tournament was single elimination; therefore, if we lost, we would go home. Ohio was the team we played first, and they were ranked thirty out of forty.

The time flew by, and we were warming up on the beautiful, fresh cut field that we were about to battle on. Our coach gave us a talk about how we came down here to represent Texas. We were the “Away” team, so we were up first. Our team could not get any offense going, but our defense was playing outstanding. We won the game and ended winning the tournament. The rings we got were as huge as an elephant. To celebrate our big victory we went to the Hangout, and it was the most delicious food I've ever had. Then we headed out to Texas.