Every Day

Racing down the line, teammates cheering, sun glaring, and tears falling. That's my life. Every day, every weekend, every month of every year. Some people like to compare softball to baseball and say us girls have it easy. Trust me, that's definitely not true. Ever since I was 4 i’ve had a passion for the softball. I've traveled all over the country just to play in a tournament. Ive ditched time with family and friends just to go to practice. I spent years in batting cages, catching practices, and the field. I've seen it all. Girls injured, coaches getting kicked out of games, and tears because they lost the championship. The best part about leaving to go out of state for a tournament is seeing new things and meeting new people. I spend my life in hotels and cabins so I can get to the game on time. Sometimes if you're lucky, your coach is your dad. Some people will say that's an advantage. No. during the game he's not my dad. He’s my first base coach. Before the game his job is to tell me what to fix and to work on it. After the game his job is to critique every thing I did wrong. I would do anything just to play this game. Even when I fail. I won't give up.