A Healthy Addiction | Teen Ink

A Healthy Addiction

By jaydenty BRONZE, Pensacola, Florida
jaydenty BRONZE, Pensacola, Florida

Addiction is something that many people around the world struggle with and is generally considered negative. Leading a life as an addict creates more problems than it averts, gives the person a negative stigma, and is ultimately viewed as poor for one´s health. Now this may hold true for addictions with drugs, tobacco, junk food, etc., but what if i told you that I had recently developed a strong addiction and was reaping nothing but benefits from it? That´s right, over the course of the past 2 months I have become hopelessly addicted to running. I had never imagined that the grasp of something that seems as insignificant as running could grasp me so tight as quickly as it did. Why I´ve become so in love with running may be the question circulating through many people´s minds right now, and I have no problem with explaining. Quite simply running provides an escape from any trouble´s that you may be facing, no matter big or small. It´s a way to block out any negativity and just have time to yourself. The beauty of it is that you are recieving this outlet from any woes that you may be experiencing, and your health is benefitting from it as well. No drugs or other substances can boast this. I am a firm believer that everyone should try running at least once in their lifetime, for it really has the potential to change lives. It doesn´t matter where you run, nor how far or how fast, all that matters is you get out and do it. A runner´s high is the only high you need, so go out and become an addict and you will soon see your life change for the better.

I recently started running and believe that everyone should try it