A passion for basketball | Teen Ink

A passion for basketball

Basketball is my life. It's the only thing I want to do. I have a huge passion for it. I've played since I was 6 years old and it has made a big impact on my life. As I got older I began doing other stuff like football or soccer. I didn't really like them as much as basketball. I got interested in the basketball team at school by my friend.
     We were playing basketball outside and one of my friends comes up to me and says hey you're good you should join the team. I was like ok. So the next day I went up to the coach to sign up, but she said I couldn't sign up because my grades. I had to think of a way to get my grades up. I started studying more and reading a lot more. I was one of those kids who didn't want to focus in class and mess around with my friends. I don't really like reading because it seems too bored me. When I got my grades up I decided to join the basketball team. I was one of the best players. I played starter it's one of the most important positions on the basketball court. It's important because you have to bring the ball up and hand it to someone while you're being guarded or you could go up and shot if you have a chance.
        when the coach put me in on the first game I was nervous I didn't know what to do but I was very excited. I got on the court and I cleared my mind so the only thing I was worried about was the game and the plays I was going to do. I didn't really care if we won or not. The best part was playing in the game and having fun while doing it and at the end of the game everyone's a winner.
       When I got the ball we were down by 6 points. My team wanted me to score because I had the ball so I stood behind the 3 point line and shot the ball. It hit the top of the backboard and then spun around the rim and finally it went in. At that point we were down by 3 With the ball. My teammates wanted me to make this final shot, but I couldn't I was hesitating on if I should shoot or pass it to someone else. I couldn't pass it to anyone else because they were being guarded and were not open for me to pass the ball. There were 30 seconds on the clock. I went up to the hoop and shot another 3 pointer and made it. The buzzer rang and we had won our first game. We had won every game after that. But then we had our championship game.
       Our championship game was incredible. We were 3 points down. We were about to lose. But then I came up with the ball and shot a 3. The game is tied and the other team has the ball. there was only 1:00 minute on the clock. I was guarding the player with the ball. I reached in and stole the ball. The crowd was going wild with excitement. It was pretty loud. After I stole the ball I ran up and I shot the ball from the 3 point line and the ball spun around the rim and falls in. It was 36-39. I was in shock, I look up and everyone is cheering. We had won the championship.

I love to write and play basketball.