Chase of the Banner | Teen Ink

Chase of the Banner

By AmarPhoubaykham1 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
AmarPhoubaykham1 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire

you achieve what you believe

It was the championship game. We were finally here It was a 2 point game but we were going for the win and taking a 3 coach was drawing a play for Justin to take a 3 pointer. “We will inbound the ball to Justin then set a double screen for him,” Coach said. We ran back on the court we inbounded the ball to Justin  the screen was perfect it got him wide open. Justin sShot the ball his heart was pounding of nervousness  it came up short and hit the front of the rim and clanked off. Our fans were silent Justin looked at the team and knew he let them down. The Seniors were tearing up because it was theirthere last game. Coach took him to the side.

“Don't get down on yourself,” he said.

“I know you wanted that championship bad Ccoach,” Justin said.

”You have three3 more years with that jersey and number,” he said.

“I will come back and win one coach,”. Justin said

TheyWe shook hands with the other team and watched as they got theirthere trophies. The team We walked out, got on the bus, and just went home.

A year went by the team iswe are starting practice for the next season. The season was going great and they we are in the semifinal game Justin went up for a rebound and landed on an opposing team's foot and he couldn’t get up the ambulance came and put him on a stretcher he was pissed off inside. The X rays showeds he broke and sprained his ankle Justin won’t be able to play in the championship game.

For the 2nd year in a row, they fell short of a championship. 

its just a story