Scholarship Application | Teen Ink

Scholarship Application

December 20, 2016
By Anonymous

Dear Les Davis Scholarship committee,

I’m Alex and I’m a senior in high school. I’ll be giving you some reasons as to why you will hopefully be considering me as an applicant for this scholarship. Having played three sports through my senior year has helped me gain a lot of experience: those sports include football, basketball, and track. In my actions on and off the field or court, I have tried to demonstrate a perfect example of the ideal student athlete; I believe I’ve shown good sportsmanship against my opponents, respect to my coaches, and dedication to my teammates. Playing sports in my offtime has not been the only thing I do, I have done a notable amount of community service. Although, I have not done as much as much as I would like, I will try to do more in the foreseeable future. For example, my class and I cleaned the Sedan City Pool, and I was one of the coaches at the Junior Blue Devil Basketball camp this summer. To be involved in both sports and community broadens a person’s perspective on life.

 

As proud as I am of my athletic accomplishments, I am even prouder of my performance in the classroom having achieved a 3.8 G.P.A. and the fact that my  football teammates respected my leadership skills enough to select me as one of the team captains. I believe that I have exactly what it takes to succeed in life; to illustrate it, I show up everyday at both practice and school with a good attitude eager to learn. Furthermore, my determination has allowed me to get better and better each day. I’ve been able to work my way up to the starting lineup for football and achieve straight A’s in multiple semesters.


I plan on attending college in the fall of 2017. The reason I’m applying for this scholarship is not only because I don’t have very much money, or think I’m qualified but also because think to be awarded with this scholarship would be an honor that not very many people can say they achieved.

Sincerely, Alex B.