My Football Life | Teen Ink

My Football Life

I was a great flag football athlete. I was the fastest and one of the most outgoing on the team. I played on a outside school team for the ymca. I was the smallest out of the whole establishment of teams. But that did not stop me. It made me more aggressive to prove my team that I am worthy and capable of success.

My first game was pretty intense. Everybody on my team was a little anxious. I was especially frightened for it was my first time on the field on a team. I was the runningback for my team, the ravens. We were against a team called the cowboys. They had good linemen and a decent quarterback. Are quarterback was a little self centered. He always tried to run the ball to the  goal himself. We ended up losing six to sixteen.

We practiced for it seemed like hours on end. We ran around cones to get are feet positioning better for situations. I had to run the field five times for being the runningback. We would practice play after play to purify perfection. The coach would try to explain to us that this was a team. Everybody has a part to play so play are part the best we can play and only worry about your part on the team.

This is the day I was thinking that we were going to win a game. It was are last game of the season. I was hype to get on the field and score some touchdowns. After all the practice we have done. We got into a rhythm, the quarterback would pass a few times. Then I would run it. After so many play he would switch up the plays to passing to run every so often. Well we were down zero to twelve. It was are ball and we were losing. The coach told everybody to block as hard as you can. He told me to run the last play with twenty six  seconds left on the clock. I lined up ready to run for my life like the earth was crumbling behind me. The quarterback said hike and I ran like a horse out the gate for freedom. I cut so many people off, I didn't know were I was going. I just knew keep running straight . I finally got the touchdown after it seemed like eternity of running. We still lost but I had the satisfaction nobody could catch me. I ran the whole football field from end zone to end zone.

At the end of the day , I was one of the happiest people on that field no matter if we won or lost .I took with me that day self respect and pride. People gave me so much applause for finishing the game strong like I did. My mom was the most happiest of all of them she could not stop smiling.