The Man Who Could Fly | Teen Ink

The Man Who Could Fly

October 5, 2016
By maxwilliams BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
maxwilliams BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The National Basketball Association (NBA) consists of players who have impacted people’s lives as well as the game itself.  Some have made history because of their statistics.. Although the men hold the title of players, they are really working. Michael Jordan, a retired NBA player,  demonstrates hard work, dedication, and competitiveness.


HARD WORK
  Michael Jordan was the kind of player who didn’t want to stop. He worked  hard while he was in the NBA. This hard work led him to 6 NBA Championships. He won five Most Valuable Players , one Rookie of the Year, Three NBA all star mvps, six finals mvps and two dunk contest. Michael Jordan also showed a lot of hard work in the three seasons he played at North Carolina for college ball.


DEDICATION
Michael Jordan had a lot of dedication towards the game of basketball. Michael Jordan has inspired a lot of people and changed the way people thought of the game of basketball. He also inspired people to never stop working hard at what you are trying to accomplish in life. One of his best moments of showing dedication was when he played a full game with having the flu and winning his 5th NBA finals.(“On This Day in Michael Jordan History: The Flu Game”)


  COMPETITIVENESS
  “ Michael Jordan could be called one of the greats because of his drive on the court and competitiveness”. Michael jordan also shows competition even on the golf course, bet you didn’t know that. Michael jordan was the type of player that wouldn't back down from anybody, he would do whatever it took to get his team the victory. Michael ended his basketball career with the washington wizards on april 16th, 2003.(Smith)