Soccer | Teen Ink

Soccer

February 24, 2009
By Trent Ohishi BRONZE, Westminster, California
Trent Ohishi BRONZE, Westminster, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Some people might think that soccer is a fun way of exercising or a stupid way to do physical education. But to many people soccer is more than just this, it is a lifestyle. Many people eat, breath, and sleep soccer just to be the better then they already are. They might practice an hour extra just to get down another move or play against their older sibling to get more aggressive but they all do this to be the best. They want to be the best at scoring the winning goal at forward, hustling even that much harder to make an assist at midfield, or even get that extra pat on the back for making the slide tackle that stopped the other team from scoring. They do this to get the praise and respect that any athlete loves to have. But if they don't make the winning goal by kicking it a little wide from the post, making a pass a little high above the players head, or not gaining enough speed to catch the guy to stop him from scoring, they work at it to make it better. This gives them another reason to do something they love by practicing hitting the ball on target or running an extra mile to build their stamina so they can run faster. They are trying to top themselves everyday or every week just because they love the game of soccer and want to practice more and more.